5 tips for Shipping to West Africa
- Always photograph cargo before it leaves origin station as cargo sheds in Lagos are chaotic and it gives agents an added advantage to find cargo if it goes missing.
- Keep ahead of Nigerian news in case of airport closure or changes in customs systems so you keep customers advised of what is happening on the ground as it happens.
3. Keep track of cargo throughout clearance process daily so as to update your clients as to what is happening to their cargo.
4. Invest in electronic data scanning pod devices with live feedback of cargo signature to customers.
5. Wrap cargo in plastic to retain its integrity in transit. Photograph once cleared before delivery to client as a documentary audit trail that the cargo is intact.
I hope these tips will help you make better decisions with your freight strategy when dealing with West Africa.
Stay connected to receive more tips from the world of freight and logistics.